Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Quick Project, Long Coupla Weeks

It's been a long couple of weeks. Not in a bad way, but in a really busy way. Last week, my dad broke his ankle. Because my mother works, he needed someone to take him to the Orthopedic Surgeon and then help out a little. So last week, we did. Of course, I still had home things to do, so it was busier than normal.


This week, he doesn't need our help (or doesn't want to put us out and won't ask--I can't tell the difference), and so we've been home. We were bombarded with 100+ degree weather yesterday and Monday, so not much has gotten done around the house--it was just too hot to function. Then last night we lost the electric for a few hours, and I couldn't get home (Literally, but that's a story for another day).

So, busy, busy. Tomorrow my daughter has field day at her school, and Friday we have an assembly there--where she will get an award (SHHH!! Big secret, I am told--the principal called me directly to tell me--I wonder what it will be)! It's very exciting.

In the midst of all the busy-ness, I did manage to get back into my studio. It was nice, because I haven't set foot in it for-um-2 months. I've been outside. But as it was 100-odd degrees, I wasn't going outside, so I went to my studio instead. And I did a cute project. Here they are:



They are the pleated tote pattern from Artsy-Crafty Babe. The link for the tutorial is here, you just have to scroll down the page a little. This is a super-quick project that is really like instant gratification, and they come out so well! I really enjoyed making them.

Well, that's it for me. I think I'll go back into my studio today. Have a great one, everybody!
[LittleBrookSiggie.png]

1 comment:

Pumpkin said...

I agree, this hot weather has been awful :oP

Congrats to your DD! I can't wait to hear what she gets :o)

Nice bags Jocelyn! You're always creating something beautiful!