Wednesday, February 20, 2008

A Quick Post

Well, the little boy is much better. I am relieved to say that he had his stitches out on Monday, and again he was a trooper. After doctor removed his stitches, and he got up and asked for a sticker. So, all is well. His boo-boo is healing up nicely, and his black eye is going away. I am very happy.


On the other fronts, the bathroom reno is going along very well. I have to put in some time with it today, but it's down to just the detail work at this point. Hopefully this weekend my husband and I will get some time to do the shopping for the accessories--like hand towels and waste paper baskets and such. The bathroom is coming out so well, it deserves new fancy things.

I thought I would share some pictures with you of how it looks so far:


We put up crown moulding










New sink, faucet, and mirror













New towel holders (but no new towels yet)










New light fixture









Brand new (beautiful) floor




This is one of the times I really wish you could come into the room to see it up close. There is just no way to really take a great picture of it. For example, I can't get a great picture of the wall color. It's a soft grey-brown with a finish that looks like old plaster. The room itself looks like something you'd find in an old 1800's brownstone. The transformation is really amazing. It went from a hideous 1970's throwback to a really elegant space--and it's not even done yet!! It really is beautiful. I am very, very pleased with it. I will definitely post again with more pictures when it is all completed and accessorized. For now, I've got to get to work!

Have a great day.

1 comment:

Pumpkin said...

WOW! That is one beautiful bathroom! Great job you two :o) I love the crown molding.

So happy to hear that DS is doing well. Have you started taking bets when he'll be in the ER again? LOL! Sorry, I should even say that! KNOCK ON SOME WOOD!!!!