Monday, May 19, 2008

Blog Abandonment!


I saw my brother yesterday and he reminded me that I haven't updated my blog in quite a while. He's right! It's been nearly a month. Sorry about that everyone, I've been so busy. I haven't had any time to either write on my blog or read any others. I've been outside, planting and weeding and playing in the dirt. Unfortunately, the weather hasn't been cooperative lately--today it's 51 degrees outside and overcast. In fact, I think it's drizzling. Not the most inspiring day. I'm hoping it might clear up, but since it hasn't, I finally got a chance to write.

I did take some pictures of the gardens, though, to show you what I've been up to. I've got to account for my time somehow, right??

Anyway, enjoy the show!

The vegetable garden went from this:

To this:

To this in one month!:
I am very excited about the vegetable garden. It's the first time I've had a "proper" one. I used to just scatter the vegetables around in the other gardens, wherever I had room. In this house I actually have a space for it all by itself (though it is fronted by a perennial border--I can't help myself, you know) I have tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, yellow squash, zucchini, beans, pat-a-pan squash, herbs, blueberries, carrots, beets, peas, strawberries and cucumbers in it. The bed behind it in these pictures has raspberries. We will eat well this year!
As for the perennial gardens, I did a lot of work on them as well, and now they are just bursting! I don't know, is there anything better??

Can you believe this front garden went from this:
To this in one month?:

And this one did the same. From this:


To this:

Yup, that last one was a different angle from the first.

And the back beds we put in went from this:

And this: To this:
And this:

It's really something. I could look at these pictures all day.

This time of year is really magical. Things start off SO SLOWLY and then all of a sudden, BAM! Things pop and thrive and it's amazing. The yard is really coming along. When we moved here 2 years ago, it was a rectangle of grass with an abandoned perennial "garden" (put in quotation marks because the garden was a couple of clumps of irises, peonies, and liatris all on top of one another) and overgrown shrubbery. Since we came here, we've put in new shrubs and many new plantings and have started to grow ourselves some privacy. It's starting to become a yard I like spending time in, which is nice. Best of all, I'm pretty proud of it.

I hope you enjoyed the show. I will be back with more pictures soon! I hope you all are enjoying your days!
[LittleBrookSiggie.png]

1 comment:

Pumpkin said...

SO glad to see you pop in Jocelyn :o)

You must have one green thumb! Your garden and beds looking amazing.