Sunday, January 20, 2008

Fish IN the Water

Hello everyone!


I finished the "water" quilting on my fish quilt, so I thought I might share some pics. Out of the two stencils I had chosen for the quilt, it was the easier of the two. It went quickly, mainly because I converted the stencil to a continuous line design, rather than the stop/start design it was supposed to be. I think it worked out fine. This is a shot of the whole quilt (with Percy as accessior). It's good and bumpy.




This is a close up of the quilting, with the fish block and the copper frame unquilted.









This is a shot of the water quilting and the clamshell quilting added to the fish block. I got two of them done. It's going to take a while, though. It's the harder of the two stencils to work, not to mention that the pounce pad that I'm using to mark the stencil has chalk in it that's supposed to stay on until I iron it off, except for the fact that my hand seems to brush it away really easily. I wind up marking the block in sections, and in some cases re-marking again. It's super frustrating.

I'm sorry it's difficult to see the quilting with all the chalk on it. I find it crazy distracting myself. But Percy likes it. That's enough for me. :)



Thank you for your comments about Bill. I feel we hardly knew him, but I had thought my kids would be upset about his passing. They were not. In fact, after scooping Bill's little body out of his bowl, my son plopped him in the toilet and said "Well, bye.", and then flushed. I guess no love lost there. Kids are so resilient :)

2 comments:

Pumpkin said...

That's amazing Jocelyn! The quilting really brought it to life :o) I'm a little sad that it won't find its way to my house now that you are liking it ;o) BAHAHAHAHA!

Poor Bill :o( May he RIP.

Cindy said...

Love your quilt and especially love the black kitty laying on it. I have a black kitty too and am always finding black kitty hair on it.