Friday, January 25, 2008

Just a Quick Note...

It seems to be so busy here lately! Every time I sit down to write, I seem to have to get back up again.


Thought I'd post a couple o' pics of the Valentine's wreath I made last weekend. For some reason this year I felt we needed a Valentine wreath, though I must admit I never felt that way before. It was a quick project, I just used a Styrofoam wreath form, some (read: very many)"silk" flowers, cute ribbon, and a bit of hot glue. I'm very pleased with it, but I think the best part of all is that when it was done, both children and my husband said "Wow, that is pretty!". Generally, the children ignore the things I make and the only response I get from my husband is either "That's nice", or "That's really nice". So "that is pretty" is pretty over the top for them.

In other news, today is report card day! Dum de dum dum!! Nah, I'm not worried. I'm not even sure that Kindergartners get report cards, but I think so. My daughter had a test a couple of weeks back, and I'm thinking that it was for the report card (I know, tests in Kindergarten, sheesh), so we'll see. Kindergarten sure has come a long way from when I was in it!! I remember going there and -I don't know- playing and coloring and whatnot. But my daughter is learning to read (very well, I might add), she's learned a bit of addition, and they were working on money a little while ago. Things have changed. And so now report cards. Hmmmm....


I also wanted to share a cool find with you that I-well-found recently. Olde America Antiques is a company that makes quilt blocks that are printed with vintage pictures. They are so cool! I was in contact with the owners a couple of times asking questions, and they were very quick to get back to me. The blocks come in different sizes, in many subjects. They are printed with a half-inch white border around them so you don't have to sew on the actual print, and they are fade-resistant (though they advise you to keep them out of direct sun), and can be washed in cold water. Too cool! I think they are really interesting, and I'm planning on using a few in a project or two. That would be so unique! I will definitely share with you what I make with them.


Ok, my son is informing me he "needs" juice, so I'll leave it there for today! I hope you all have a great one!

PS--I opened comments to anyone, even if you're not registered with Blogger. It was brought to my attention (thank you) that people would like to comment, but can't because of the registration. Now you can! Thank you all for your comments!

4 comments:

Betty said...

Your wreath turned out very pretty! I have a plain one hanging on my door and I was thinking about adding a bow and some tulle to it.

Cheryl said...

Just found your blog and it is wonderful. Love the wreath. Thanks for the tips on making one. Think Ill head off to Michaels for some supplies :-)!

Pumpkin said...

Your wreath is just gorgeous Jocelyn! VERY professional looking! Too bad you didn't live closer because I'd hire you as my decorator ;o)

What a neat quilting site. Like I said before, it's a good thing that I don't quilt too. LOL!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Hi Jocelyn,
That wreath you made is so dang cute. I love it. thanks for the tip on the website too. I checked it out and it's great.
Sharon