Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Keeping Out of Trouble

Mostly, anyway.


Yesterday started out kinda cloudy, so I had no motivation at all for anything, pretty much. Today almost started the same way, but the sun came out around 10 and it warmed up a bit, so I felt much more enthused about doing stuff. I went outside and ripped up grass, to make way for new gardens to be planted. Every year I do this, and the lawn gets smaller and smaller and smaller. I do realize I have to leave some lawn--where else would the kids play? I only figure I have SO MUCH of it that really, we can spare quite a bit of it to be torn up and replaced with pretty flowers. That's logical, no? So today I spent quite a few hours tearing up the grass and throwing it over the stone wall into the "compost" pile. It's very satisfying work.

I have been stitching some again, too, but I have to say my progress is slow. I did stitch the Chocolate Covered Cherries piece in the last post. It was a freebie by Casey Buonaugurio (that last name is a toughie). It was quick. I did it as a break from the piece I've been working on for so long, Papillion Creations Floralie, which now looks like this:

It's a bit of progress from here, but not as much as I would like, really. It is going so slowly. It's been a little discouraging.

Did I show you these?


Aren't they cute? The Cricket Collection has been making some really cute charts lately, I think. I got these with my birthday certificate from ABC Stitch Therapy. My birthday was last year, but I've been hanging onto the certificate for a long time, looking for something to use it on. I think it must be the fact that they're so "springy" that I like. I think they're so cute!

I haven't yet had to explain my missing tooth, but I've decided to tell people I've lost it kickboxing. I think it'll be an easier sell than the Pridefighting, because I'm not entirely sure what that is. I'm clear on kickboxing, though.
Have a great day!!

[LittleBrookSiggie.png]

1 comment:

Pumpkin said...

Sigh...we still have two feet of snow :o( Gardening sounds like so much fun right about now.

Oh, you just HAD to bring that sampler out again! I had forgotten how much I liked it ;o) Hey, at least you're getting a bit done.

How's your toe doing?