Thursday, July 3, 2008

Probably Should

...tell you all about the quilt show or how the summer is going or something, but it's a lazy day. So instead, I'll show you all some pictures of the vegetable garden.
Enjoy!

The bean teepee, currently under attack by Japanese Beetles. F-ing beetles. Spent a lot of today flicking them into a can of soapy water for a drowning. OOOOOOOOh, I hates them!!!

Little Boy and Clifford sitting on the little bench next to the pat-a-pan squash.

Little Boy again (and Clifford). The squash mountain continues on his other side there with yellow crookneck and zucchini.

The tomato forest.


Little Boy by the strawberries.

See how those tomatoes tower? They're about my height, and I'm 5'7" or so. Little Boy could get lost in there! I'm glad he's got Clifford!


Beans and herbs and the mints in a row.

The beets, ready for harvesting.

The beets, harvested. Oh, and a couple of peppers.


Little Girl and the beet harvest. What an armful!!

[LittleBrookSiggie.png]

1 comment:

Pumpkin said...

HOLY COW!!!! Look at your garden! It's just beautiful and teaming with vegetables! I think I need you to come up here and talk to our plants because they just aren't listening :o)

We have huge problems with potato beetles :o( DH would go out every day and pick them off the plants. And they come in droves so I know what you mean. LOL!

Thank you so much Jocelyn for your support during this time.