Monday, July 28, 2008

Vacation!

I went on vacation! We went to Seneca Lake, and did some cabin "camping". It was a good vacation, and we did lots of things. Would you like to see? Come along on the trip!!

So......do you think we packed enough??


We stayed in a little cabin. It was really nice!


We hung out the first day, did a little fishing with the kids, they played on the playground, and that night we had a campfire, where I fed my smores habit more than I should have...

The next day, we went to the Corning Museum of Glass. I forgot my camera. You'll just have to take my word for it, it was fun. The kids had a good time because they gave them things to find like a scavenger hunt, and there were interactive exhibits. We also took in a couple of little shows. It was a nice day.

After we got back, my mom and I snuck out to visit a quilt shop called Oh Susanna. It was small, but if I tell you I could have spent hours there just looking at everything, I wouldn't be lying. I love little shops like that, with lots of quilts and samples and ideas and books to see, besides the fabric. It was just brimming. Very enjoyable.

The next morning, the kids got up before 7. Ugh. In order to keep them quiet (because they're not), we took them on the little nature trail in the campground. It was well marked, and it taught the kids how to follow a trail.

It taught me why I shouldn't take pictures while walking. Dramamine, anyone?


Oh, really now, stop it. Blech.

Then, because we'd started the day walking, why not continue? That day, we hiked the gorge in Watkins Glen. If you've never been there, put it on your list. It's a beautiful place. The trail is 1 1/2 miles, mostly up steps. There are 19 waterfalls, and the views are incomparable. Take a look....






You start out at the bottom of the gorge, and hike to the top, up about 800-odd steps. It was a good walk, with lots to see. I took over 100 pictures that day. We hiked up the gorge, and back down a trail on the side of the gorge. No steps that time and not as many views. Still, it was nice and quiet and shady--very enjoyable.

After hiking the gorge, we went on a boat ride around Seneca Lake--no walking required.
Little Boy and Little Girl sitting nicely, looking. Aaaaaahhhhhh......

That night, another campfire. A little more feeding of the smores habit I have, but not as much.

The next day, it was time to go home. The kids were antsy and fighting, and driving my younger brother insane. Hubby and I needed to sleep in our own bed. But before we left, we visited 2 wineries. There are 15 or so around the lake. The kids were NEVER going to put up with 15, but we snuck 2 in before we headed home.


Enjoyed the view, bought some good wine, and off we went for home.

It was a good time, enjoyed by all. I hope you liked it too! Thanks for taking the trip with me!


[LittleBrookSiggie.png]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooo, fancy stuff. Sorry I missed the rest of it. Looks a lot better than what I put up with this weekend.

Pumpkin said...

Holy cow! Did you take the whole house with you? ;o) LOL!

Beautiful pictures Jocelyn and it looks like a wonderful place to visit.

Smores? Did you say smores???? :oP