Friday, August 22, 2008

Gifts

Did you ever notice that the best gifts are the ones that show that someone was thinking about you, and just wanted to give you something that they thought you would like? A lot of times they are things that don't cost anything, but are rich in thought. I received many gifts this week. It was a wonderful week.


Last Saturday, my mom brought me a bunch of lavender. She has Provence lavender growing in her garden, and this year, she got a bumper crop. The smell was just intoxicating. Well, she went outside last weekend, and was cutting the flowers because they were really finished, but the bracts were still there (and wow, do they smell good), and she brought me a huge bunch to dry. The bunch is both hands around, that's how big it is. The smell coming from the bag is just better than I can describe. What a gift. I am so thrilled she thought of me.

On the same track, she was growing watermelons in her garden. They are cute little watermelons, a variety called Sugar Baby, or something like that. She gave me one. Another wonderful gift!

On Friday, we had the gift of a day out. This week has been long, with a lot of canning going on, and running around getting ready for school. Friday, we went out tomato picking and picnicking. It was a nice break, and the kids (and I) had fun picking tomatoes. In fact, Little Boy turns out to be an expert tomato picker, which was previously unknown.
I've been so busy, I haven't had a chance to really catch up on my blogs, but I finally got a minute, and found another gift. Cathey has given me an award!!

And look what she said about me:
Jocelyn - this mighty woman adds magic to everything she does from stitching and quilting to gardening and baking.

Thank you Cathey!! I am honored and thrilled and truly touched by what you said!! I will display this award proudly. Thank you so much!!

So many wonderful gifts this week. I hope you all are having a wonderful week too!

3 comments:

Angelina said...

That looks like the farm I go to. You aren't in my area are you?

I love having bunches of dried lavender in the house.

Pumpkin said...

Ohhh, all that lavender must smell heavenly alright! I'm trying to inhale but unfortunately scent doesn't come through the computer ;o)

Glad you had nice week full of wonderful surprises!

mumzy said...

The lavender smell is just so wonderful, just wish we had some around here. Congrats on the blog award. Sounds like you had a great week gifts wise.