Saturday, August 2, 2008

Not Just Gardening All The Time

Well, I seem to be losing you all with the talk about the garden (not that there are too many of you to lose as it is), so let's switch gears a little.

I do tend to live outside in the spring and summer, I like working in the dirt and tending plants, and now that I have a vegetable garden, I am completely obsessed with the idea that I can grow food and put it by. Not a bad thing to do, really. These things are skills I really think everyone should have.

But there are other facets to me as well. I have been in my studio a bit, and I also have been stitching. As I have no completed sewing projects right now, I can show you a stitching project I have been working on. This is a Papillion Creations freebie--a newsletter project they release once a month. I am up to part 8 so far, so it should take until December to finish. The project had 3 versions--completely cross-stitch in 6 colors, completely cross-stitch in 2 colors, and cross and specialty stitches in 6 colors. You pick your own colors and linen. I picked my colors and linen and am doing the 6 color specialty stitch version. I am pleased with it so far. Take a look:

Sorry about the dark pics. It's not the sunniest day today to take these shots. Darn.

And some close ups:



This is a nice project. It's quick and challenging, but not frustratingly so. If you subscribe to the website, you can see many other people's versions of this project--the range of colors used really is wonderful to look at. Everyone has their own slant on the project, and it's really enjoyable to see.

So see? Not just gardening all the time. But mostly. :)
[LittleBrookSiggie.png]

2 comments:

imnverted said...

your Papillion garden wip is beautiful.

Pumpkin said...

You sneak! So you have been stitching! I just love the colors that you choose but then again, you're very good at that :o) It's beautiful Jocelyn.