Thursday, October 18, 2007

Ugh....so....sick

Bleh. I feel terrrible. I haven't posted this week because I have been down with what was first a stomach virus, which turned into a sort of cold, which has now turned into a full blown head cold, complete with exhaustion and major headache (and an upset stomach to boot!). Bleh, I say again. I need a nap.


Before I take one, I thought I'd just post a pic of the cat I finished earlier this week, when I was feeling bad, but not terrible.
Most of it I had sewn up last week. This week, I just made the wings and antennae. This is a close up of his face.
I think he's a cutie. I intended for him to be another vampire kitty, being as though my husband took the one I made to work, but I just wasn't feeling it, so I made a butterfly instead. I like the way he came out, but I think he's lacking something. I don't really know what else you could do with a butterfly, but I think there must be something. I will have to give it some thought as soon as my head drains a bit.

For right now, I'm just working on my stitching, and when I'm too tired for that, working on this, which is a crocheted scarf for my son. It is so nothing facy, because honestly I really can't crochet, and I only ever drag the "skill" out once a year, to make scarves. I have no idea what "stitch" I'm doing, if it even is a stitch at all. I tend to make it up as I go. I'm not even sure why I am making him a scarf this year. With all the scarves out there that cost $1.95, I should have just bought him one. But as my husband says, I "can't not" make something. I guess that's true. I think it goes back to at least giving him a little part of me that he can take with him, whether he realizes it or not. Maybe that's what it is. I know I'll be making one for my daughter, too, just for the same reason. At least they are little, so they like them. I'm sure when they get older, they'll be asking me for the fancier $1.95 scarves. :)

I will post again when I feel better. I want to thank you all for your wonderful comments so far. I truly appreciate that you all take the time to come and read my blog. Have a great day!

4 comments:

BeckySC said...

I hope you feel better VERY soon!!!
(((hugs)))
I LOVE the cat!

Stitcher S said...

I hope you feel better today!

The cat is so cute, and how great that you could make him while feeling under par.

Thanks for visiting my little blog, and thanks for your compliments.

Take care, Sue

Pumpkin said...

Thank you so much for the nice comment you left on my Blog :o)

I'm sorry you're feeling sick :o( That is no fun! And it's even worse when you don't feel like doing something you enjoy.

BTW, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE YOUR PUMPKINS!!!!

Needlearts Kelly said...

That is the most adorable cat I've ever seen! Did you design that pattern as well?

Hope you're feeling better.