Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Autumn in New York

Or at least my little corner of it. In the spirit of things coming too fast, and in an attempt to maybe slow them down just a little, these are some pictures for you of what Autumn looks like here.

When my husband and I were looking at houses, we saw a ridiculous number of them (40+). It was insane. This house that we are in now was the best candidate. There are some things I really like about this house and some things I really do not like about this house, but it was the view that sold me on it, and I think it helped my husband make the decision too. See if you can see what I mean. This is our backyard....

Isn't it pretty? We think so too. The only thing that would make it better is if there were more trees on the actual property. Oh well. They are gorgeous to look at. I am very thankful for them.
In the spirit of the beauty outside and the fact that Thanksgiving is approaching and it's a time for beauty and bounty and thankfulness and togetherness, I like to decorate the house. This is what it looks like on the inside....


Well, I tried to bring the bounty inside anyway, but I think that view wins the award, hands down.

Thank you all for your comments! It's nice to know I have kindred spirits out there! Hope you are all having a great week!

2 comments:

Stitcher S said...

Your trees are so beautiful! Drool, drool.

I love your fall decorating, too. Fall colors really warm my heart.

Thanks for visiting my blog, by the way. Sue

Pumpkin said...

Beautiful pictures! We have no leaves left on the trees now :o( No wonder you were sold on that house.

Your decorating is lovely!