Friday, December 28, 2007

Coming Back Down to Earth

Whew!! Anyone else feel like the rush of the holidays came and went in the bat of an eye and you're just now recovering??? I hope everyone had a great one. I hope you all enjoyed the holidays and the days that followed. I always feel it goes too fast. I really do enjoy the anticipation, and then the day comes, and boom! it's over. But we had a really good one here, and it's now time for me to look at the mess and clean it up. UGH!! It's time to pick up the boxes, any wrapping the kids have squirreled away (they do that), toys, etc., and put them where they need to go--either the garbage, recycle bin, or toy boxes. So that also means I'll be spending the day going through all the toys my kids have and seeing what they want to donate because they don't play with them anymore. I enjoy the "culling of the stash", so to speak, because it means they get organized and cleaned up, but UGH--so much work. I do the same for my husband and myself. What don't we use? What don't we wear? Off it goes to Goodwill!

Does anyone else have this ritual? I can't imagine I'm the only one. I think a lot of us take this time of year to take stock of things and give away and clean up what they don't use anymore and clean up their spaces and look at and be thankful for all they have. I know I find that this is when I really get to look at the gifts we got and feel thankful for all that we have. So I'll be spending my day as such.

I have lots of things to share with all of you--as soon as I'm done tidying up, I'll be posting plenty of pictures, so stay tuned!! I hope you all have a great day today!

2 comments:

staci said...

I agree that the holidays come and go so fast! Our cleaning out ritual is usually right before Thanksgiving...I have the kids go thru their toys and get rid of anything that they no longer play with or want (in order to make room for the new things that Santa will bring), then we donate them to the local news channels annual food and toy drive.

Pumpkin said...

Holidays? What holidays???? ;o)

That's what I liked so much about this Christmas...there was less "stuff". Every year it's the same thing; stuff we don't use or need. Yes, it's hard to listen to others talk about their gifts but I think I got another outlook this year and I'm kind of liking it :o)

Can't wait to see the pictures :o)