Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Kids

Aren't they funny little people?? This week, my kids did things that I just thought were so funny, I had to share.

My daughter surprised me this week. Two weeks ago, we bought her a new radio. Her old radio was no longer reading CDs, and she was very upset because she couldn't listen to her children's songs during the day or her classical music at night. Having to get a new radio upset her even more than not having one, because she's not a fan of change. However, after many tears, she went with Daddy to the store to buy a now one. The one she picked is blue and is a good radio, and she really likes it, because it looks like it's smiling at her. Or, that's what she said. Apparently, she likes the radio a lot, because she wrote it a note and put it next to it (presumably so it can read it at its leisure). This is the note I found:

I will translate for you (since I am versed in Kindergarten-ese). It says "Happy Christmas radio. This is going to be your first Christmas".

Look at that writing!! Isn't that hilarious?? And not hilarious, in a "man, this kid can't spell" sort of way, but more to the fact that she's in Kindergarten and I didn't help her and look how many words she got right!!! WOW! I am blown away. I know she is learning some words in Kindergarten, she's learned the, am, I, we, pat, cat, that sort of thing. But Christmas is a hard word. And I know it's not exactly right, but she sounded it out and got most of it. I'm so impressed. She's only (just) 6! What a smartie!!

My son cracked me up the other night. My husband and I take turns washing the kids up at night, and brushing teeth, and pajama-ing. My son is right now going through a "Mommy" phase, and so he does not like when Daddy washes him up. Usually, he goes upstairs with Daddy to get washed and spends the time yelling at the top of his lungs that he wants Mommy. I don't know why. I'm thinking it's because he's 3.

Anyway, he's upstairs for a bath the other night, and he's yelling and yelling "I want Mommy!! I want MOMMY!!", as usual, and then all of a sudden, he changes tactics and yells out "OH, my life is SO BAD!!!!"

Then there is silence for a half second, I suppose because he wanted to see what sympathy those words would generate, and then I hear my husband start to crack up. I start cracking up. My daughter starts laughing, and then, because we're all doubled over, my son starts laughing, too. I laughed until I cried. Needless to say, when we had stopped, my husband finished the wash down, but my son no longer minded so much. We'll see what happens next time....

2 comments:

staci said...

Very cute, the comment from your son is priceless!!! Kids do say the darndest things, LOL!

Pumpkin said...

ROFL! That's just hilarious! It's amazing what comes out of their mouths sometimes.

That's awesome that your DD wrote that all by herself. No wonder you are so proud of her :o)