Sunday, December 2, 2007

Let It Snow!

Oh, the weather outside is frightful





But the fire is so delightful








And since we've no place to go (notice the cat NOT sleeping on the cat bed but rather on my sketches)




Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!


Ok, the weather outside is in no way frightful. It's completely gorgeous. The only frightful thing about it is the fact that someone hit a pole and snapped it in half, and we've had fritzy electricity all day long. On, off, on, off. I'm lucky if I get this entry done before the next "blackout". But I don't even mind that too much. The fire is roaring, there's food in the fridge for dinner, and no one has anywhere to go. It's a good day.

I figured I would just let you all know that I finally succumbed this week and decorated for Christmas/Yule. It took me 3 days. 3 DAYS!!! Crazy. It came out nicely, though. I thought I would show you some pictures, sans me talking. Here they are. Presenting......our house decorated for the holidays!!! (Cue the music!)
























































(I took some pictures when we had electric, and some when we didn't. Can you tell?? :) ) When it is not snowing (or I get some boots on), I will take some pictures of the outside. It came out really nicely, too. I'm pretty pleased with it.

I gave in kind of early this year. I started this Monday, which wasn't even December yet. It took me until Wednesday to finish, and then all of Thursday and Friday to clean up. Ugh. I think my theme for this year is "more is more". More ribbon, more greenery, more lights, more stuff. No surface was left un"stuffed". I'm a big fan of tins, can you tell?? I spread them out, and every year I find more, so every year I add more. I haven't had a chance to go "tin hunting" yet this year. Maybe this week. I also really like lights. These are my favorites. Aren't they purty??






I think the only sad thing about this time of year is that I have to trade my beautiful handmade linen curtains in for the store-made insulated ones. They make such a difference in terms of heat retention, but oh, they are just so bleh. White and shapeless and boring . I looked into making my own thermals, but it cost less to buy them already done, so there they are. Bleh I say again. Oh well. I will only look at the pretty lights and decorations and not the curtains. It's a sacrifice..... :)


PS--THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to everyone who commented here or on the BB I posted on about the magazine article. I truly appreciate all your kind words. I also appreciate that some of you were upset on my behalf about my name not making it into the magazine. You are good friends to care so much. Actually, Mr. Lipinski did contact me right after I blogged that post and told me that though my name is not in the magazine, it was on the sample at quilt market in Houston, and it will be on the pictures of the samples on his website, and that is what buyers are referred to when they are shopping the fabric line. It was nice of him to let me know, I think. I'm still sorta famous. Yeehaw!!

2 comments:

Pumpkin said...

Those are lovely pictures Jocelyn but I'm a little worried about Rudolph's butt ;o)

I'm glad to hear that you will be recognized for your amazing work!

staci said...

So festive and pretty! I am really behind in my holiday decorating as we've just moved this past weekend! Hope I can get the energy soon to get it done :)