Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Sick Again

My mother tells me, laughingly, about how when I went to Kindergarten, I used to bring home every germ known to man to make everyone in my house sick. She says that she called me "Typhoid Mary" until everyone else in my house (meaning my little brothers) all went to school and got the same germs and then no one got as sick anymore, because everyone was exposed all the time to all the same things. I guess this must be my payback, and my own little "Typhoid Mary" has been bringing me home every homeless germ she has been able to find at school and infecting everyone. And me, being exposed to no one except my kids and husband and family occasionally, I get it ALL. So I am sick again. I think this is the third or fourth time since August, and I have to admit the novelty is wearing thin. This one's a doozy, too. I started feeling bad Sunday afternoon, just really achy, you know, and then BAM!! Damn thing broadsided me Sunday night and I could hardly get to bed. I spent all of yesterday laying down, until later in the afternoon/early in the evening, I could finally sit upright. Today I am going so S-L-O-W-L-Y, it's not even funny. I'm proud I'm able to sit upright without being dizzy, but if I could just go up and down the stairs without being winded, I'd be super thrilled.

Anyway, of course, this comes at a time when I need to be busy. I have cleaning to do, there's a tree to get this weekend, and cookies to start baking and candy to start making. Being as though I can't stand for a long period of time, none of this is going to happen until I feel better. I am trying to rush it this time, I am drinking like a crazy person. I'm hoping to "wash" the germs away with copious amounts of water and tea. I'll let you know if it works.

This is what I have been up to since I got "better" (as in enough to sit up straight yesterday). It's a monochrome from that blog, My Aunt's Attic. If you haven't visited, and you like monochromes, definitely do. It's a great resource. I've been there LOTS of times. I'm sorry the picture is all "wrinkly". Going upstairs to iron really is tough right now. The stairs are just knocking me out.

I did this piece with the Soie de Paris threads (they are SO gorgeous) on Flax linen. Speaking of which, I bought the Flax linen and then I compared it to a piece of Raw linen I had bought a while ago, and I don't see a difference! Can anyone tell me if they are the same thing?? They're sold under different names, but they look the same to me. Take a look: The top piece is the "Flax". The bottom is the "Raw". Do you see a difference? I don't. I looked at them in all different types of light, too, and meh, they are the same. So I wonder if I got a mistaken piece of something mislabeled, or there really is no difference after all. If anyone could shed some light, It'd be appreciated.
Well, I sign off for now, at least until I feel a bit better. I really hope to feel better soon. Take care, everyone!

3 comments:

Rachel (Our Life + Dogs) said...

There's no difference; linen is the fiber made from the flax plant. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linen

Pumpkin said...

I'm SO sorry to hear that you're sick Jocelyn :o( I know that when a sick child is near that I will catch whatever they have going. I hope you feel better soon. Maybe try some Cold FX? It might be too late now though.

That's a gorgeous color silk! I thought they were two different colors. I have both in my stash and the raw is much deeper in color, almost the same as natural.

staci said...

Hope that you are feeling better soon! My daughter is the little charmer who brings home all the germs that everyone else gets sick from even though they're all in school :)