Friday, March 7, 2008

All Cooped Up

Oh, let me tell you, this broken toe thing is for the birds. I have been stuck in the house since Wednesday, and I have things to do, but can't go and do them. Not to mention that my daughter has a cold and has been out of school for 2 days, and so all I can do is listen to the two of my children fight all day. Ugh. Not loving it.

Anyway, because I am stuck in the house, I took some random pictures of the finished bathroom to show. I hope you like it!!

The light fixture over the mirror
The light fixture in the center of the room (I LOVE this one)
The trim over the baseboard heater (yes, I did trim over the baseboard heater. I'm a detail type of girl!)
My beautiful shelf that is sadly empty right now. This is one of my favorite things. It was thrifted at a flea market, and was dark brown before I painted it. It's been used for knick-knacks and as a spice rack, and now I put it in the bathroom for---I don't know, something. It cost practically nothing when I bought it, and I love it so much it's not even funny. Isn't it odd how that happens sometimes?
Pictures on ribbons, with covered buttons on top.
Closeup of one of the covered buttons and the crown moulding. Pretty!!
Towel holders with towels...
Box/shelf that I made to cover up the pipes and outlet for the washer (which was not so pretty to look at). It has a pretty orchid on it, which you can see....
...kind of here, in this bad picture of the curtain I made for the window. It wouldn't be a good post without a bad picture, right?

Closeup of the top fabric of the curtain.

Slightly better bad picture of the curtain

Another bad picture of the curtain

And now, some really detailed shots of random things. I love that macro setting!

The mirror frame


The pretty orchids (ooh, there they are! See? I told you there were orchids in those pictures!!)


The milkglass soap dish with pretty scented soaps in it (I LOVE LOVE milkglass)



Faucet handle

Towel ring


Oooh, a better picture of a piece of the curtain! This is the top part

This is the bottom part.


Those last were nice pictures, right? The light in that room is tricky. It's on the west side of the house, so it only gets good light in the afternoon, but then the light is either too direct or behind the trees behind the house, so I never can win. Oh well.

Thanks for taking this little tour with me! Have a great day!

[LittleBrookSiggie.png]

6 comments:

LackingFaith said...

Great pictures! The bathroom looks spectacular and I imagine the white and black stripes set off your wood floor wonderfully. You must tell me, did you pick your bathroom color scheme to set off your website theme or visa versa?
I would very much like to see how the erlenmeyer flasks look with the laundry detergent in them. Especially on a sunny day.

Pumpkin said...

Thanks for the tour Jocelyn! That is one beautiful bathroom :o) I can't wait until we tackle ours now.

You poor thing, you MUST be bored! How long are you house bound?

jane said...

Your bathroom is beautiful! I love all the details.
I had surgery on my big toe once and the doctor put a flourescent green bandage on it.
Hurting toes are an amazingly big deal! Take care.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely blog. Happy to have discovered you.
Your bathroom is so pretty, love the moulding and the cohesive theme!

Rachel said...

Love the curtains!

Rachel said...

I went back and looked at some of the original pictures of your bathroom. Wow, what a transformation!