Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A Twist

I thought a lot about what to do with the quilt "center" I have. I thought about wide borders, lots of skinny borders, vertical borders, pieced borders, you name it. I did even think about leaving it and having it be a table topper, because I thought maybe it was telling me it was done. I was stymied. But then I said to myself, "Self, you're looking at this all the wrong way". So, I did this:

That worked.

Damned if I can get a good picture of it, though.

Sorry about the wrinkles. I had just brought it out of my studio without stopping at the iron first. Shoulda done that...

Does putting Sam in the picture(or him putting himself in it, as it was) make it better?

....Not really. I've got to find a better way to do this.

Anywho, I have one yard and 7 charm squares left. It needs finishing, just to "stop" the middle. Hopefully tomorrow....

Have a great day, everyone!

3 comments:

Pumpkin said...

Ohhhh, now that IS a twist! It's looking good and I can't wait to see what the next step will look like :o)

Stephanie said...

Oh, I like your solution! This is a beautifully spring-coloured quilt - gorgeous :)

msjan said...

The solution is great. It is beautiful. I love those soft colors.

Jan