Sunday, March 2, 2008

Border 1

Added the first border:



It helped pop it.

This is a little challenging because using the rest of the charm squares left me with only two fabrics--one a blue with a large print, and one a yellow with a med/small print. I have only 2 yards of one, and 1 of another. It sounds like a lot of fabric, but the quilt is really still small, and I have to "grow" it without adding 10" borders (that would be sucky). As a challenge to myself, I won't buy any more of this fabric to finish this quilt (I don't even know if I could find it anyway). But I have an idea. Stay tuned...

The giveaway is over, and hmm..... didn't go so well. Lesson learned: no more giveaways for quite a while.
But, I got two entries, so you both win!! I have one more teacup and a whole lot of cool bits and pieces and ribbons, so I can make another pincushion and send you both one. Seems only fair since you were the only two to comment. Jan and Cathey, please send me your addresses, and I will send them post-haste. Thank you both for your comments on that post! Congratulations!

2 comments:

Pumpkin said...

I guess I just had to wander over to your Blog before I emailed you! LOL!

Love the addition and I'm now curious to see what you add next. Maybe pieces of fabric going this way IIIII around the border?

YAY! I'm not going to complain! It's everyone else's loss ;o)

msjan said...

I love this quilt. I don't quilt although I tried. I just got sore fingers. Anyway could this be a table topper or a baby quilt. Just suggestions.

Jan