Tuesday, September 9, 2008

SOS -#2

You might remember me mentioning this fabric here. It's named after me!! Woo hoo! Thrilled as I was, the fabric is TOO cheerful for me, and I'm not that cheerful. I did want to own some of it, just because it has my name on it, but I wasn't sure how much or really what I would do with it. So I bought a charm pack. I like charm packs because you get the whole line in little snippets, so if you want to try the line out it's a great way to do so. Or if you like the whole line (that gets into big $$), the charm pack is an inexpensive way to get it.

But I also don't like charm packs because they are hard to work with (for me). I never have any ideas on what to do with them, so they usually sit on the shelf where I fondle them occasionally and put them back.

That is, until Stash-Only September, baby!! Now I've got to dig deep, stop the fondling, and use up that fabric! So out came the Jocelyn charm pack. ...And it's still too cheerful. Every time I put it together, no matter what I did, it just looked like spring threw up on the floor. Too many flowers, too much happy color. Then it occured to me that maybe the fabrics would behave better if I separated them a bit by something neutral. That worked. So I present to you this:



I call it "Jocelyn's Bloomers"! Many thanks to Blogger for putting the picture sideways. :( Grrrr. I don't know why it does that.

The white keeps the flowers in check, so it doesn't look like there's a cacophony of spring jumping into your retinas. That's a good thing. Yeay! I used the happy fabric! Kudos to me!

So that's project number 2 for Stash-Only September. I was going to make a blog tag (like those awards that go around), but I don't know how. If I figure it out though, I will.

Have a great day, everyone!

[LittleBrookSiggie.png]

1 comment:

Pumpkin said...

ROFLMAO! Jocelyn, you never fail to make me laugh when I really need it :o)

I can certaily see why it would look like spring threw up but with the white border, it's just perfect! It reminds me of the quilts that my grandmother has. They're quilted in a similar way and you can't help but pull your hand across all the bumps :o)

You did a fabulous job. What are you going to do with all of these quilts????

Btw, I love your Stash-Only-September idea. Unfortunately that would not work for me ;o)