Thursday, September 18, 2008

Yard Sale Coming October 1st

Hey everyone,


I think one of the inevitabilities about going through your stash and working with it is that you realize just how much stuff you have. Coming along with that is the fact that some of the stuff you have that's no longer your taste, or probably won't work with because at the time you had in mind some project that you forgot about, or decided not to do. Usually I go by the rule that if I haven't looked for it in a year (or more), I probably don't need it anymore. That's a hard rule to follow with stash, but it's time for me to do it.

So, I am having a yard sale here on October 1st. I have been going through my stuff, and there are many projects I am not going to do and supplies I'm not going to use, so it's silly to hang on to all of it. There are some quilt patterns, some clothing patterns, and a lot of cross stitch supplies. There are charts, beads, and probably some fabric (I have to go through it all again). If you are a cross-stitcher, or know a cross stitcher, be here! There will be plenty! If you are a quilter or sewer, there will be things here for you too! Come and join us on the 1st!
PS--Because I haven't thought of a better way, I have started responding to your comments within the comments themselves. A few people I know do it this way, and it seems to work pretty well, so I thought I'd try it. I always enjoy any comments I get, but was not able to write back most of the time, so this fixes that problem. So if you commented, check back. I probably wrote you back!!


[LittleBrookSiggie.png]

3 comments:

mumzy said...

Know what you mean about having so much materials in one's stash. I have introduced my SIL to quilting and have gotten rid of some of the (discontinued) materials by giving them to her. She makes all her quilts by machine including some embroidery too.

I like your idea too. Will have to visit on October 1st.

Pumpkin said...

Are you having your yard sale on your Blog???? If so, I'll be there :o) Otherwise you'll have to pay for my plane ticket ;o) LOL!

Jocelyn said...

Yep, there will be a yard sale on my blog. I'm glad you'll be coming by!